Friday, September 10, 2010

Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado

Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado is a book where Max states that ‘You were made to make a difference’. He starts each chapter with a theme on one page with a Bible verse on the next that supports the theme title of the chapter. Then he begins either a true character story or a Bible story that illustrates the theme of the chapter and ends with another verse to meditate on and a prayer for the reader to read and express.

Although I know of some of the disasters that have taken place in the world, having Max talk about them and show illustrations of how someone was led to do something about it in their own way, was impressive to me. At times I felt quite helpless. For instance, how can I make sure everyone has equal opportunity in the world compared to what many of us experience in the United States? How far would I go to serve the homeless? On the other hand, are my eyes open to opportunities where I might be able to help in some small way. And then let God give the increase.

There are discussion questions for each chapter at the end of the book which provides the opportunity for a challenging study group for this book. I believe I would have benefited more from this book through a group discussion. It might have helped me address the helpless attitude I had at times. All in all, a challenging and thought provoking book.

Thomas Nelson provided me with a copy of this book in return for posting a review on my blog. It did not need to be a negative or positive review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home