Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews

What a wonderful opportunity to be able to review this book. First of all, I had not heard of Andy Andrews. But the summary of the book definitely had me curious because I love any kind of literature about World War II. Mind you, I am not a history buff. But my library is full of books by those who have survived that horrible war.

Thus said, The Heart Mender had me captivated from the beginning. German war submarines in the Gulf of Mexico? By Louisiana? Who knew?? This was the first time I had ever heard of such. Mix in a true life experience by the author, followed by what seemed to be a fictitious story, and then wind up in the living room, so to speak, of the real characters. Amazing.

I'll have to admit, I was not as intrigued in the subtitle "A Story of Second Chances." I was more interested in whether Helen would ever fall for Wan and.....will Wan be okay if she doesn't. You know, important details like that. Hey, it's a great book. Check it out!!

I am grateful to Thomas Nelson for providing me this book to review. In addition they have given me a book to give away free to someone who loves reading as much as I do. If you are interested in receiving this book, completely free, please leave a comment about why you love reading about World War II stories. Deadline is Wednesday, June 2nd. I will post the winner on my blog and will email you for your mailing address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home