Monday, April 12, 2010

Greater Love by Robert Whitlow

Greater Love

This is Book 3 in the "Tides of Truth" novel series by Robert Whitlow. I could not wait to get this third book as book 2 definitely had me hanging. Which one would she choose? Zack or Vince? I really liked Vince. Then I really liked Zack. Then I really liked......well, you get the picture. Throw in a suspense filled lawyer case with a dose of old fashioned country livin' and more than a sprinkling of conservative spiritual principles and that's the kind of book I'm going to read before I go to bed. Or while I'm out on the patio on a beautiful Spring day.

I would not say the story was overly suspenseful and definitely not overly romantic. Tami Taylor is way too conservative for that. So I could forego the romance and suspense. But what always gets to me with the books by Robert Whitlow is that he will approach a subject and make me think. I'm not crazy about Sister Dabney and her prophetic utterances. And I thought Tami Taylor ought to be smarter and more grounded in her faith than to rely on Sister Dabney's thoughts and words from the Lord. But hey, this is fiction. So let's just enjoy the story. And continue to look forward to more fiction books by Robert Whitlow.

Thomas Nelson did provide this book free of charge in exchange for a book review. My viewpoint is strictly my own and not swayed by anyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home