Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fresh Insight on the 23rd Psalm

God Is More Than Enough is a remarkable book by Tony Evans and gives fresh insight to the 23rd Psalm. It is a smaller book and each chapter is great as a daily devotional. I used it as such and benefited from meditating throughout the day on what I had read. I also appreciated the real life illustrations that Tony used throughout the book. The chapter that jumped out at me focused on verse 2 where The Lord MAKES me lie down in green pastures. I had never thought of it in that way......that we all need to make ourselves rest. And God sometimes uses unusual ways to make sure we do just that. I highly recommend this book as a small group study or as I mentioned earlier, a daily devotional. I definitely learned more about the Psalm than what I had heard before. I did receive this book from Waterbrook Multnomah as part of their Blogging for Books program. The review is completely my own opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home