Sunday, April 24, 2011

No Place Like Holmes

Griffin Sharpe has an uncanny ability to notice everything. Which is a great quality for a future detective, he tells himself. It looks like his big break is about to happen when he gets the chance to visit his uncle in England for an entire summer. Especially when he finds out the address he is going to is the address of the one and only, Sherlock Holmes, the world's most famous detective.

This book is geared towards 9-12 year olds but let me tell you, it had me intrigued from the beginning. Jason Lethcoe, the author, has done an astounding job at writing a mystery book for this age group. He starts with a Loch Ness monster and an innocent clock maker, adds a surprise at Sherlock Holmes address and a robot that works!! Yes, he has my attention. Then we have adventure and combat with guns that don't kill, they just knock you out for 24 hours. I love it!! My grandson loves it!! Can't wait for more books from this creative author!!

This book was provided for my by Thomas Nelson for an honest review, whether positive or negative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home